Image Map
Enjoy The Journey

January 10, 2017



Freedom Part 2


Freedom was growing… and fast.  We would have to figure a plan and my dear husband was not ready for a full grown sheep to take the spare bedroom (although Freedom had mastered the stairs quite wonderfully).  He was now about as tame as they get.  He would follow the kids to do chores and dutifully come right back.
 
I believed Freedom wanted to be with us and I won’t lie- my heart ached.  He couldn’t just go back to his old flock.  Even if they didn’t reject him, it would be hard to fit in.  And he was used to air conditioning… In addition, I could hardly handle the idea of his mom rejecting him and then him having to adjust to a new home yet again.

I contacted the preschool where my kids had attended.  It was a lovely place filled with lovely people.  They had gardening, lots of animals and children- Freedom loved children.  But they did not call me back.  What would we do?  


We tried taking him back to my parents.  It could have worked, but it didn't seem like the best fit.  His mom did not butt him as she had before but she wasn't interested in him either.  He had become so accustomed to people that I felt he needed them.  When we left, he cried.  His desperate bleets from the pasture made me sad and I felt as though I had abandoned him.  

A short while later, the school called.  I was so excited.  We picked up Freedom and took him for a visit.  I held him and his sweet little chin nestled my cheek as it had so many times before.









He went right in the school yard gate and walked up to the children who were eager to greet him.  He chewed on a few shoelaces, embraced a few head pats and made his way to the garden area. 



He peacefully lay down.  He was not startled and he did not call for me.  His "happy eyes," as I called them, were back.  And he was home.
 
The animals all come to greet their new friend
Visiting Freedom a few months later










Freedom now goes to Preschool everyday.  He can be found hanging out with the pigs and chickens and has an amazing group of young children that surround his happy life.

We all very much miss having him with us, but he has found an amazing forever home.  We are so thankful for having had this very special woolly friend as part of our story.












  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages